Sunday, January 2, 2011

Yucks!!~~ but Yummy?

I always wondered how insects taste like and how those people on Tv can just eat them like that... well in Beijing i finally got the chance when we stopped at this food street.


There were alot of food like stinkin toufu which smell really lik poop and sea urchins, sea horses, shark meat, balls, worms.. and those things that u would swear to God that u will rather die than eating.
I seriously cannot understand chinese sooo what is this? LOL I started out with the shark meat ( left ) and weird looking god know what squishy stuff ( right ). The price aint cheap, costing RM15 each stick and lol look how many I took? After eating that, if it wasnt for the experience of tasting food i rather spend it in Chilies or TGIF.
The taste of the food was differnt but its not bad. The texture is something different i could say. As for the scorpions.. it really tasted like crab , i dono if anyone would believe me on this but its kinda tasty and i wont mind swapping this for chips any day.
I even tasted bulls testicles on one of the days.. It taste tender and juicy and its quite chewy.. like chewing gum.